- Idea generation –Being aware of trends and developments in the industry and combines this with product knowledge to spot opportunities.
- Production of pitches - working with Analysts & Associates to produce presentations and thorough supporting analysis. Increased involvement in design and structure of presentations when compared to Associate role, given increased ability to stand back and see the bigger picture (writing reports, internal liaison and meetings).
- Verbal presentation of analysis and sections of pitches to clients of all levels (presenting, marketing, external client meetings).
- Developing technical expertise on the regulations and constraints governing the structuring of the leveraged transaction (e.g. listing rules, high yield prospectus rules, etc).
- Dealing with clients on detailed aspects of a transaction (telephone and face-to-face meetings, relationship building).
- Liaising with client’s other advisers, lawyers, accountants and other counterparties.
- Verbal presentation of analysis recommendations to clients.
- Developing complex financial models, working with clients to develop inputs and modelling approach and using the output to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Preparing and presenting marketing materials (syndication memo, syndication presentation, roadshow presentations).
- Travelling with clients to visit investors worldwide through roadshows and other PR activities.
- Carry and review due diligence materials for leveraged transactions.
- Producing documents for internal approval processes (reports and analyses).
- Management of Analysts & Associates - coordinating work on projects, and developing them through delegation of responsibility, prioritizing their workloads and well as own(mentoring, supervising, managing, training).
Your skills and experience
- Excellent modelling and technical skill set.
- You should have an awareness of the Financial Institutions sector, products and markets.
- Be able to produce technically excellent written materials – prospectuses, credit committee, investment banking committee memos, client pitches.
- You will be able to utilize your technical skills and knowledge to solve problems and give advice.
- Have excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task across many tasks and projects and plan ahead.
- You should have the ability to present in a measured, clear, articulate way – in particular with regard to technical issues.
- You will possess the skills to support, train and coach juniors.
- Able to work autonomously with limited direct supervision, self-reliant, great common sense.